Praise for Protection

On June 10th, a normal Sunday afternoon, some of the youth smelled something burning and soon discovered an electrical fire in one of the children's bedrooms. Guido, trained in fire evacuation and protocol, quickly and efficiently evacuated everyone. He and other staff members with fire training quickly stopped the fire with fire extinguishers and water.

Thankfully, no one was in the room or nearby areas so there were no injuries.  However, most everything in the bedroom was destroyed, including photos, memory books, special belongings, and clothes. There was also a window broken from the extreme heat. The nearby rooms were not affected by the fire other than a heavy coat of soot over everything.

The next week the young boys worked alongside the staff to repair the burned walls and the girls helped clean and paint the rooms, while the younger children watched. We praise God for his protection in this scary incident.

fire (4)
fire (3)